It's been a while since I shared anything about Wildebeest and Zebu
so I dedicate this Friday's post to the boys.
1) Wildebeest opted to not attend college and is living in a duplex
with a bunch of guys, some of them students and others co-workers
from Casa Bonita
. He's quite content with his life, and he and I have
lots of phone conversations. Now that we no longer live together
we're free to like each other again.Self-portrait from years ago.
2) Wildebeest has a new friend he calls Bernice. He adopted her
from a cat rescue place and they love each other very much. I
bought her some cat toys and felt only slightly grandma-esque.
3) Zebu is a junior this year and last night I went to his teacher
conferences. He's doing very well and I was an especially proud
mother when two teachers in a row told me they appreciated
his sarcastic sense of humor.Old passport photo we just updated this week.
4) We're easing into basketball season and Zebu is looking
forward to being a taller, stronger player this year. He lifts weights
at school and the club but is kind enough to help me with my form
as I lift at home. (Turns out I was rocking my body during hammer curls).
5) Wildebeest is coming over on Monday night to watch the Broncos-
Chargers game and while I usually take those opportunities to disappear,
I think I'll stick around and watch the game with the menfolk. Wishing everyone a beautiful, autumnal weekend!